There’s something dreamy about fall, that sort of romantic touch that engulfs all around you as soon as the temperature starts to drop. Perhaps it’s that need for something luxe and cozy to keep one warm as the wind blows a bit colder but it’s also that slow transition of colours… the leaves turning orange to red to brown before it all wilts away in preparation for winter.
One of the things that’s not dreamy however, is that unfortunate sacrifice of style for warmth and comfort. Understandable? Yes. But preventable? Absolutely!
Here’s an example of staying on fashion, keeping warm and incorporating three fall fashion trends at the same time:
- LACE – This is not your grandmother’s (though I digress, my Grandma has some fabulous pieces in her wardrobe!) or your tablecloth’s lace! Gone are the doilies and the shabby looking un-chic lace of the past. This year, pick pieces with intricate lace detailing, deep colours and flattering cuts.
- TARTAN – Possibly the hottest trend this year, Tartan or Plaid makes a big comeback on the runway and the real way. Choose pieces in either traditional reds and greens and stick to form fitting trousers that way you can wear it with flats, heels or put a pair of riding boots over it.
- STATEMENT JEWELLERY – If there’s anything that instantly brighten up an otherwise winter-ish get-up is the strategic use of statement jewellery. Whether it’s big chunky necklaces, sparkly chandelier earrings or geometric cuff – these tried and tested accessories add some serious style factor to any outfit you may be sporting right this minute!
OUTFIT OF THE DAY BREAKDOWN:
- Hair and Skincare – ℅ THANN Canada
- Chanel like blazer – ℅ SMART SET
- Crochet lace top in cobalt blue – Banana Republic
- Tartan plaid green/blue pants – SMART SET
- Tall leather boots – BANANA REPUBLIC
- Statement necklace – Club Monaco
- Chandelier earrings – Gift from EM
- Skinny gold belt –BANANA REPUBLIC
What about you, what trends are loving most this season?
Plaid pants from SMART SET. Definitely my favourite at the moment.