‘Tis indeed is the season to wear everything bling bling, from encrusted little clutches to a seriously sparkling accessories to high wattage dresses to statement making big jewelleries. It’s that time of the year again where the holiday cheer is everywhere and the party invitations are endless. For some, this the time to break out the new (or the old!) sequined dresses and bejewelled tops but for others, these options may be a little too out of the box for their “traditionally corporate or conservative” office.
December is definitely our favourite month (next to April but let’s save that for another post) of the year!The Christmas trees, the bright lights, the presents (oh the holiday shopping!), the parties and the plenty of opportunities to spend time with friends and family truly make this a magical season hence, here at Twenty York Street, we will be scouring Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. to ask the experts on various holiday topics and we will be publishing our definitive and super exciting @20YS HOLIDAY GUIDE 2013!
For this first edition of @20YS HOLIDAY GUIDE 2013, we talk what to wear to office holiday parties in a non-creative work environment. Whether you choose a matching suit (like this one I’ve been dying to get from Banana Republic), a classic Little Black Dress (LBD) or one office-appropriate dress, the Three C’s: Colour, Cut and Crazy amount of Bling, seems to be the top tips from #Fashionistas from all over Canada!
Here’s TOP 5 brilliant fashion advice on how to dress for the holiday (sent via Twitter):
- Get in the holiday spirit (Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa, etc.) but remain classy and work appropriate. – @frasermnatalie + @sky_fallblue
- Make it all about accessories-one simple dress, lots of jewelry and blinged out clutches. – @fallinginstyle + @yourpilosopa + @veganbananas1
- Red, maroon or burgundy dress that hugs your curves just right. @myfashavenue + @613style
- Sequins or glitter, a bright lip and throw in some leopard print. – @tinfoilstiaras + @ottawavelovogue
- Bling, bling, and more bling! – @billings_bridge
Since the weather to generally cool down at this point, opt to include major shine factor into your fall-winter weather wardrobe by also rocking statement making cold weather accessories!
What’s your top tip dressing up for holiday office parties?
OUTFIT OF THE DAY BREAKDOWN:
- Hair and Skincare – ℅ THANN Canada
- Diamond stud earrings– ℅ TACORI
- Striped suit blazer – Banana Republic
- Striped suit skirt – Banana Republic
- Tall leather boots – BANANA REPUBLIC
- Statement necklace – Club Monaco
- Purse – Gift from Mother
- Classic aviators –RAY BAN