The first major snow fall came to town last night while all was fast asleep under their warm, cozy blankets. Some called it Ottawa Snowmageddon or the Snowcalypse but I think we can all agree, judging from everyone’s Instagram and Twitter pics, that this is far from an end of the earth scenario but more of a winter white wonderland. Barring the slush and the painfully slow pace of traffic, the massive snowfall is quite magical end to November and a pretty way to usher in December – the Holiday Season!
Speaking of holidays, one of the things that has been on my Christmas wish list is seeing the Nutcracker. There’s a few performances in Ottawa like Canada’s Royal Winnipeg Ballet’s performance of Nutcracker at the National Arts Centre and at the Centrepointe Theatre by Ballet Jorgan. And speaking of ballet, I can’t help but dream of tutus and everything whimsical for the holidays. Perhaps I can get one during #BLACKFRIDAY sales! But how can you make sure that the look is not juvenile and age-appropriate?
Read tips from the FASHION EXPERTS below:
Here’s TOP 5 brilliant fashion advice on how to wear a tulle skirt or tutu for the holidays (sent via Twitter and Facebook):
- Style it with a black blazer, a simple top (or a plaid shirt), statement necklace and leopard pumps for a day-appropriate tutu look. – @thevaultfiles + @fallinginstyle + @myfashavenue
- Pair a mid-length tutu with winter white sweater! – @deekottawa
- Choose a black-coloured tutu for a more grown-up glamorous elegant look. @tinfoilstiaras + @lipstainssm
- Channel Carrie Bradshaw and style your tutu with simple fitted tank and strappy heels a la Sex in the City. – @laurenconrad + @darcyboucher
- Make an occasion out of it: wear a tutu and make sure to have a party! – @tobeautyreviews
Would you wear a #Tutu?
OUTFIT OF THE DAY BREAKDOWN:
- Hair and Skincare – ℅ THANN Canada
- Kid’s Tutu / Tulle skirt – ℅ GAP
- Crochet lace top in white – Banana Republic
- Accessories – ℅ SMART SET + Banana Republic
- Two toned sandals – NINE WEST CANADA
- Statement necklace – BANANA REPUBLIC
- Chandelier earrings – Gift from EM
- Skinny gold ring – Gift from EM
Hair Care Courtesy of: THANN. Visit www.thann.ca for #BLACKFRIDAY deals.
Follow @20YS HOLIDAY GUUDE 2013 for more tips on how to be fabulous this holiday!