Scream bloody murder!
That’s exactly how I feel like in those mornings when I’m facing two closets full of clothes up to the brim and I utter these infamous words – I HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR! Big dilemma I tell you. Everywhere I look, it seems everybody else – be it bloggers online or people walking ’round the street – is so put together with their print over print outfits, their explosion of polka dots and that eccentric mix of all colours and textures that seem to well… work well enough for them!
But not me my friends, I have to admit that I, more than times than I care to admit, struggle to find the perfect combination of quirky, edgy, sexy and just right and classy! Okay, maybe that’s a tall order but hey, I do want to be able to pull a graphic peplum top over brocade print flirty skirt with thigh high booties, a massive arm party and clashing print blazer only worn over my shoulder but look like I didn’t try hard at all.
That all of this just came oh so naturally like the bleached blond and the eternal tan in the winter!
On a bright note, woke up to a SWEET SURPRISE from H & M Canada today! Follow #HMOTTAWA!
If I tell you one big confession, I hope this stays between you and me, promise?
My friends, as much as try to push the boundary (in fashion that is) and come up with out of this world outfit combos, the truth of the matter is, I’m a stick to the basic kind of girl. When all else fails, I put on my time tested classic pencil skirt, simple tee and my highest, strappiest sandals and I’m good to go.
I always believed… Simple is Beautiful. Don’t you think?
OUTFIT OF THE DAY BREAKDOWN:
- Hair and Skincare – c/o THANN Canada
- Flared Trench Coat – BANANA REPUBLIC
- Pencil Skirt – BANANA REPUBLIC
- Arm Party – Multiple bracelets – C/O CHAPTERS INDIGO, SMARTSET
- Chandelier Earrings – Gift by EM
- 3.1 PHILLIP LIM FOR TARGET– TARGET C/O BILLINGS BRIDGE (Enter the give-away here!)
- Ankle strap pumps – ZARA
- French Mani – C/O KOKU NAIL BAR
- Beauty Trend from New York Fashion Week – RIOT GIRL by @20YS as Featured in Fashion Magazine’s Beauty Panel