Aside from the aversion to skinny jeans, pants or skinny anything lately, I think one of my style challenges in definitely casual Fridays or dressing up for the weekend. Sometimes, I don’t have a smooth transition between corporate work outfits and casual yet cool non-work day ensemble. Truth be told, I can can get ready in a snap for work but it takes me a lot longer to dress up in the weekends as I tend to reach for my good ol’ standbys, the ultimate comfort zone – (mostly Lululemon) Yoga pants and a pair of warm UGGS (yes, those!), which I fully admit is not the most stylish or socially accepted lounge wear unless of course one is heading to a Yoga class in the middle of biting cold winter.
Even then, I don’t think I should be caught dead in it outside the vicinity of a yoga studio but the thing is, I may very well be. You may find me lying in a ditch somewhere – with my UGGS and Yoga pants (the ones from GAP are a close second), in a fetal position, covered in snow with an absolutely no sense of style or common sense for that matter. Hence, I do not do Casual Fridays. Well, rarely, I do. That’s after some serious planning and countless tried and failed outfit combinations.
I just don’t have that gift.
Sad I know. But look at the bright side, I can do full push-ups up to a hundred and two!
OUTFIT OF THE DAY BREAKDOWN:
- Hair and Skincare – ℅ THANN Canada
- Flared denim – ℅ PARASUCO
- Silver and diamond bracelets – Gift by EM
- 1969 casual shirt – GAP
- Academic blazer – GAP CANADA
- Leather and gold cuff – Smart Set
- Statement Ring – BANANA REPUBLIC
- Triple strand chain necklace – Banana Republic
- Diamond stud earrings – ℅ TACORI
- Orange structured purse – Gift by Aunt
- Tan leather belt – GAP Rideau (Old)
- Patent leather heels – GUESS
- Textured lips – @20YS as Featured in Fashion Magazine’s Beauty Panel
Photos courtesy of: SKYFALL BLUE.