You see, one of the beautiful things about Twitter is just you never know what will come out of that 140-character tweet! Sometimes, you get access to exclusive deals, invite-only parties, you get added to an elite group of people with expertise on some thing and these are just relative bonuses of being on Social Media. The one thing that’s even more fulfilling in addition to an endless stream of fashion inspiration is the…
Well, a start of a beautiful friendship.
Beautiful is both the literal and figurative word to describe Twenty York Street’s current style crush! An accomplished woman who not only enjoys shopping but she’s one that definitely looks good while doing it! Before I get on to finally introducing this style inspiration to you, here’s a quick background: I’ve been following her for a long time though I haven’t had the courage to strike up a conversation, I am quite shy sometimes, I assure you. I’ve noticed that not only does she shop quite a bit at Banana Republic, GAP and Old Navy (okay, maybe that one is just me) like I do, we also have a quite a bit of similar pieces together and so, it was a Thomas Edison (it was him who invented the light bulb, non?) moment last week when we both decided we are doing a TWINSIE POST!
OUTFIT OF THE DAY BREAKDOWN:
- Hair and Skincare – THANN Canada
- Blue Box-Ponte Dress – BANANA REPUBLIC
- Skinny Orange Belt – BANANA REPUBLIC
- Bracelets – SMART SET, BANANA REPUBLIC, ALDO
- Men’s Fedora – GAP
- Orange Espadrilles – GAP
- Chandelier earrings – Gift from EM
- Pantent strappy sandals – GUESS
– See more at Banana Republic Outfits at: @20YS BR Posts.
Yes, ladies and gentlemen. It is exactly as it sounds it is.
So without further adieu, may I introduce to you the very lovely, charming, witty and absolutely stunning IVA of FALLING IN STYLE Fashion and Style Blog.
FALLING IN STYLE WITH IVA AND BANANA REPUBLIC’S BOX-PLEAT PONTE DRESS – Oh yes my friends, clever blog post title, yes?
A well-known fashion blogger, model, brand ambassador and a television star, IVA has captured many sartorial hopefuls not only in Toronto but all over the world! I’m sure she’s currently captivating the people sun bathing by the Adriatic sea with her effortless chic and splendid fashion choices.
Featuring Banana Republic’s NEW Box-Ponte Pleat Dress, we both decided, we’ll style it and post it together simultaneously! Aside from the fact that IVA looks stunning in this BR Blue Ponte Dress, here’s some highlighted points on how she scored on the style and chic department:
- Croatia (where she’s currently at on a family vacation and celebrating her sister’s Ana’s birthday! I know! Jealousy aside, let’s continue…) must have faster internet network than Canada as she posted before me.
- Love the way she layered the J Crew necklaces, it makes quite a statement for one and it also makes the outfit an easier transition to a glam soiree right after.
- The addition of the shiny black clutch and peep-toe pumps makes the Banana Republic even more of a stand out – for both day and night.
Since, I was heading to the beach right after work, I opted for a more casual take with the help of orange espadrilles, an arm party and a pf course, a summer fedora from The GAP Rideau.
There you have it my darlings, TWENTY YORK STREET and FALLING IN STYLE’s First Fashion Collaboration! Do head over to IVA’s blog (she just had a fabulous blog make-over so run, don’t walk!) to check out more photos of her style post and to also get to know her better!
Do say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to her Sister ANA while you’re at it!