There are days that no matter how brilliant you’ve thought of an outfit combination but when you finally put it on, it falls flat on the style scale. On other days, you don’t even have to think about it too much, you just grab a top, a bottom, a couple of accessories and voila! You are set to go!
- Les Grands Feux du Casino du Lac-Leamy – the Philippines entry via PLATINUM FIREWORKS is this Saturday, August 17th
- 11th Annual Marriott Miracles Day for CHEO – Thursday, August 15 at the Ottawa Marriott
- Opening Night of MY SUMMER CRUSH, Invitation by Ottawa Start’s Glen Gower (On Piano) – Thursday, August 15th at 8:00 pm, ARTS COURT
That’s exactly how I felt about this outfit. Granted this is from Banana Republic’s style collaboration with Trina Turk a year ago, both the zebra print and the hot neon pink halter top couldn’t be more on trend.
BANANA REPUBLIC – TRINA TURK RESORT COLLECTION
I was very glad to “discover” these two Banana Republic-Trina Turk pieces in my closet as admittedly, I’ve only worn them once for a couple of hours to an event! Speaking of only worn once, I also “found” these GORGEOUS colour block ZARA heels in the back of my shoe closet, still all in it’s boxed up glory!
I M.U.S.T. wear it!
TWENTY YORK STREET’s photos courtesy of: FADI GHABY, CEO, SKYFALL BLUE
And so I did.
And let me tell you one thing… Well two ‘coz the first thing really is, ONE shouldn’t start a sentence with AND. But this particular ONE just want to have some fun. Okay back to the thing…
COST-PER-WEAR (C-P-W) QUOTIENT
According to the fashion magazine INSTYLE UK, we judge how many times we wear an outfit NOT based on economics (despite our better judgment, of course), not based on COST-PER-WEAR (C-P-W) as in if I wear this $3,650 designer neon yellow floor length dress everyday, this outfit would’ve only cost me a dollar per day BUT we actually based it on COMMENTS PER WEAR or the CPW Quotient.
OUTFIT OF THE DAY BREAKDOWN:
- Hair and Skincare – THANN Canada
- Halter top – BANANA REPUBLIC – TRINA TURK COLLECTION
- Trina Turk Zebra Skirt – BANANA REPUBLIC – TRINA TURK COLLECTION
- Floral bracelet – BANANA REPUBLIC
- Weaved ring – BANANA REPUBLIC
- Mani and Nail Art – KOKU Nail bar
- Chandelier earrings – Gift from EM
- Colour blocked shoes – ZARA
- Make-up and Nail Art – Summer #NAILART trend by KOKU NAIL BAR, as Featured in Fashion Magazine’s Beauty Panel
COMMENTS PER WEAR (CPW) QUOTIENT
That means if I wear this outfit and I receive many compliments on how chic and stylish this looks on me, I would be more inclined to wear it over and over again! But if I don’t receive any compliments whatsoever on any outfit on a given day despite it being brand new and really hot off the rack, I may not actually want to wear it again!
I’m not sure if this is complete bollocks but what I can tell you is this…
I definitely will be wearing this outfit again.
How about you, do you wear the same outfit over and over again because you got loads of compliments about it?