Getting regular updates and new arrivals from my favourite stores may not always bode well for the pockets but they certainly spark creativity and takes you away, albeit briefly, to a place where you can imagine all the endless possibilities.
What’s trending at Twenty York Street these days?
Graphic Prints and All Thing Coloured!
Bottoms that is!
I have to admit, I do not have a single coloured pair of pants. Well, I did. It was bright green (far left below), specially imported from the Philippines. You seen, coloured jeans may be trending now in North America but it’s a look that’s already passé in Asia, four seasons ago.
So it’s true when they say, time zone isn’t the only thing ahead in that side of the world, fashion trends normally start seasons earlier too. Nevertheless, bold and fashion forward as the jeans were… I wasn’t. I ended up keeping the tag on these crayola-coloured number, never wore them and ended up just giving them away.
What a sad day for fashion chutzpah.
Two spring trends combined: neon splashes + coloured jeans
Style ease: coloured jeans can be paired with booties, sandals, high heels or studded shoes
I vow, this Spring will be different. I shall conquer my fear – my fear of covering my bottoms with something other than black, blue or grey.
So, how to have your rainbow-shaded jeans and wear them too?
- Be smart. Don’t overspend on trends. They may be HOT today but they will be gone tomorrow.
- Be bold. Black or white tops may be the easiest and the safest matches but why not pile on the colours?
- Be cool. Treat coloured jeans as neutrals, you can pair them with just about anything: laces, stripes, leather, etc.
- Be stylin’. Time to bust out the statement necklaces, the coral accessories, wide cuffs and pretty earrings.
- Be smilin’. Show your pearly whites for additional sparkle when your bottom is as bright as the warm yellow sun.
What trends will you be riding on this spring?